Properfees.com (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Properfees located route de Sous-Moulin 43E – 1226 Thônex in Switzerland is the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following, which includes personal data about you (such as your name, date of birth, gender, job title, profession, financial information, e-mail, addresses and telephone numbers):
1. Information you give us – Information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail, letter or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search our site, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• If you purchase any of our products and services, the information you provide may also include financial and credit card information. The information you provide will also include any other information about you and your property that you provide to us as part of the process of buying, selling, managing or renting a property.
2. Information we collect about you – Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), session information (and whether you are logged in as a registered user), clickstream to and through our site (which may include date and time), length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
3. Information we receive from other sources – Information we may receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, property portals, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Our use of information
5. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. We use information held about you in the following ways:
6. Information you give to us – We will use this information:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those on our website and/or that you have already purchased and/or enquired about;
• to pass your messages to actual or potential buyers, sellers, tenants or Landlords and/or their representatives and/or agents through our website or pursuant to your instructions;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information about services or market updates we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail or SMS with information about services similar to those which we have already provided to you. If you have not previously purchased services from us we will only contact you by e-mail or SMS if you have consented to this e.g. by ticking a marketing preferences box on a form that we used to collect your information. You can contact us at any time to update your marketing preferences by clicking on the links that appear on the bottom of each of our marketing communications or by Contacting Us.
7. Information we collect about you – We will use this information:
• To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to monitor your compliance with contracts entered into between you and us;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
• as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and/or other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you and/or them.
8. Information we receive from other sources – We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
9. Other member(s) of our group from time to time (if any)
10. Selected third parties including:
• business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property you own or lease for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• if you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the Landlord. If you are a prospective buyer, we may pass on references about you to the seller.
• solicitors representing you or the other parties to a transaction in which you are involved;
• utility companies to inform them of the changes in the occupiers of a property;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
• verifying your identity and/or assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
11. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose or transfer your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• where it is necessary to transfer your personal information (such as your name and contact details) in connection with the sale or letting of a property to agents, business partners and listing sites who provide some of our products and services;
• where you have chosen to use our conveyancing service, insurance service or mortgage advice service, to the providers of those services;
• if we sell or buy any business or assets, enter into any joint venture or seek any significant investment, and it is necessary for our legitimate interests to disclose your personal data in confidence to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or prospective joint venture partner or investor;
• if Properfees or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of the third party for personal data held by us about our customers to be one of the transferred assets;
• where it is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect the rights, property, or safety of Properfees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
12. The basis on which we will process your personal information is that:
• It is necessary to do so in order to provide you with the services that we provide through or described on our site;
• some information will be made public in connection with a property listing;
• it is necessary for our legitimate interests of administration, including improving our site and the services we provide through it, to enhance the security of our network and information systems, the enforcement or defence of legal claims, or to identify and prevent fraud, and to market and promote our services and the products and services of our business partners and other third parties;
• we will only disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes where you have expressly agreed to this.
13. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, please do not share your passwords with anyone. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen or given username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
14. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take every care to protect and secure your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data for marketing
15. We will add your details to our marketing database if:
• you make an enquiry about our services;
• you buy our services;
• you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our services; and
• you have registered an account on our website and have indicated during the sign-up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications.
16. We may send you marketing communications by e-mail, telephone, text message or post.
How long we keep your personal data
• your name, contact details and personal records (such as date of birth);
• a record of the services we provide to you;
• complaint records.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
• Right to correct – the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your personal data from our systems.
• Right to restrict our use of your personal data – the right to “block” us from using your personal data or limit the way in which we can use it.
• Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal data.
• Right to object – the right to object to our use of your personal data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your personal data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
21. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside the European
Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
22. We will only transfer data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data.
Links to other websites
How you can make a complaint
You may contact Properfees by email at email@example.com.
2 November 2018